Topics Covered In This Video:
- Today I will be demonstrating how to use pattern rollers and stamps from Kor Tools.
- Acrylic Rollers and stamps developed for Jewelry Artists working in PMC (Precious Metal Clay) and Polymer Clays.
- Rick McKinney is the owner of Kor Tools. He is a pottery artist himself and has designed many wooden pattern rollers for use with earthen clays.
- He has now ventured into acrylic rollers that can be used with polymer clay and PMC.
- The rollers are tiny 5cm x 10mm with very deep and detailed continuous patterns.
- Rick currently carries 41 pattern rollers and 191 stamps.
- The patterns are wonderfully detailed, with geometric, botanical, nautical and lots of other fantastic and very usable designs.
- Each roller and stamp is carved out individually with a CNC machine. The actual process of creating a roller is stamp is very precise, but also time consuming.
- I show examples of 20 different roller patterns and 20 different stamps in samples of Souffle polymer clay.
- When using the rollers and stamps, you should first wet them with water to keep clay from sticking.
- Stamp patterns are approximately 1cm x 1cm and highly detailed. They are deeply etched and cut away from the edges so they won’t leave ‘stamp rings’ or marks around the edges when stamped into clay.
- These stamps are far crisper, deeper, and more detailed than any rubber stamp that I’ve seen on the market.
- These KorTools Stamps are great for imprinting onto beads, as I show in the video.
- I also demo how to use the Palm Frond Roller on a sheet of polymer clay.
- These stamps and rollers are a little bit on the expensive side at $9.95 per roller and $3.95 per stamp… but in my opinion, they are well worth the price for quality, usability and uniqueness of designs.
- The number of designs and the higher price means that your pieces will be much more unique and you won’t see everyone with the same design as you.
- Etsy: Kor-Tools Products**
- Related Article: Forty Texture Ideas for Polymer Clay
- Related Video: Related Video: Rustic Textures Inspire
- Related Video: New Sculpey Flexible Texture Sheets
Do you have any suggestions for videos on tips, techniques or products you would like to learn more about? Let me know in the comments section below!
My goal is to help you to learn quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the searches. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Polymer Clay Pattern Rollers & Stamps From Kor Tools … the Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!