Topics Covered In This Video:
- I tested the Inka Gold in Steel Blue on a piece of Baked Premo Clay for compatibility, by just rubbing the product onto the clay sample and buffing with a soft cloth.
- After buffing, the Inka Gold Metallic Rub comes to a high shine with a metallic gleam.
- When added to a baked piece of polymer, I found that even though it was dry to the touch and no longer came off onto the cloth when buffing, it was soft enough to scrape off with my fingernail.
- On baked clay, the finish would not be suited for high wear projects like polymer clay jewelry, but would be just fine for other polymer projects like sculptures and home decor pieces that wouldn’t get a lot of handling.
- Inka Gold appears to be polymer clay compatible with no reactions after sitting on clay for a few months.
- I tested the Inka Gold Metallic Rub on raw Premo polymer clay and baked it at 275F for one hour and got much better results.
- Inka Gold on raw clay and then baked, is very durable and I was unable to scratch it off the surface at all. So I would use this method if I were going to use Inka Gold on a piece of polymer clay jewelry or other high use polymer clay project. Keep in mind that once baked on the clay, it will be removed if sanded, so your piece will need to be designed in such a way that sanding is not required.
Question of the Day:
Have you used Inka Gold on polymer clay? What kind of projects did you use it for? And what did you think of it?
I look forward to hearing from you.
By the way, if you have a polymer clay question or challenge you’d like me to address in an upcoming video vlog, do post it in the comments below. I’d love to help you find quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the searches. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Inka Gold Metallic Rub on Polymer Clay. The Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!