Hundreds of Design Possibilities With Just a Few Simple Changes:
Just wanted to let you know that Part 2 of the Veined Leaf Cane Video mini-series will be posted later this week in the Members Library. This is Video #100 if anyone has been counting. Wow, what a journey it’s been! But I can assure you, this is just the beginning!
By the way, if you missed Part 1 of this 2 Part Video Mini-Series, here’s the link where you can watch a quick preview and get more info: Polymer Clay Tutorial | How To Make a Veined Leaf Cane
One thing’s that’s exciting about veined leaf canes is the design flexibility they allow. Here’s a few ideas you can play with to change up the look in the polymer clay canes that you make:
- Change up the color combinations in the teardrop blend. The possibilities are literally endless.
- Choose to roll the color blend strip from either light to dark or dark to light. This will change up the shading variations in your leaf design.
- Change the color of the veining in the leaf.
- Choose to add more veins by adding more cuts to the cane.
- Vary the thickness’ of the veins.
- Change the color of the core at the base of your leaf cane design.
With all the variations that can be applied to this technique, you will have no problem coming up with a look you can call your own.