Miss Fickle (aka Shannon LeVart) is Riding The Etsy Wave And Doing Quite Well For Herself:
Back on July 2, 2008 I posted a chart showing the tremendous success Etsy has had over the last few years. Today I am providing an updated version of that chart. It seems to show that the Etsy community is doing a pretty good job of ignoring the current recession, as the overall curve is still showing a substantial growth trend.
That’s great news for all of us who make handmade goods, jewelry and polymer clay beads. In fact, one of the regular readers here at blog, just recently celebrated her 4000th sale at her Etsy Shop. Shannon LeVart is her name, but you will probably remember her better as MissFickleMedia.
Not only has Miss Fickle crossed the 4000 milestone for completed sales (btw – she celebrated by baking cupcakes with her kids – very fun)… she has also has succeeded in attracted over 5573 people to favorite her Etsy Shop. It’s not surprising that she has a 100% positive feedback rating. Way to go Shannon!!! Keep up the great work! You are an inspiration to us all!
Here’s some of the reasons why I think missficklemedia is doing so well on Etsy:
- Her brand is memorable. It’s hard to forget a name like MissFickleMedia.
- Her designs are simple, cool looking and very wearable.
- Her workmanship is impeccable. She sands, buffs, polishes and often coats her pieces with resin.
- Her prices are good. Not too low and not too high.
- She has a wide selection of items ranging from $2 to $300 with a good portion at about $10 – $15.
- She has tons of products listed. At the time of this post there were 230 items for sale.
- She provides good close up photographs of her pieces.
- Her listing titles are cute and descriptive.
- Her descriptions are clear, easy to understand and friendly.
- Her shipping costs are very reasonable.
- She blogs regularly and promotes her Etsy store in her blog.
- She visits and comments on others blogs (like this one) and has a sweet friendly way about her.
Hopefully you can apply some of these success points to your situation. For more information about Etsy, here’s a list of articles you can read:
- Etsy Market Boom is a Boon to Handmade Polymer Clay Jewelry Sellers
- Bird Pendant Jewelry Trends on Etsy – Make Them with Polymer Clay
- Another Bird Necklace Pendant | Etsy Tips For Your Jewelry Business
- Pricing Jewelry Focal Beads on Etsy – Tips for Polymer Clay Artists