Topics Covered In This Video:
- Hard, old and dry polymer clay that you might think is completely unusable, can be conditioned by adding oils.
- Oils that can be added to soften many different brands of polymer clay, are Sculpey Clay Softener, Mineral Oil or Unscented Baby Oil.
- Mix crumbled clay in a Ziploc bag with 1 drop of oil until your clay is fully mixed, softened and workable. It will become very pliable in your fingers.
- Don’t add in too much oil, or your polymer clay will become sticky.
- Clean hands (if necessary) with Kitchen Wipes or Baby Wipes.
- Related Video: Conditioning Hard Polymer Clay Tip #1 – Using a Hammer
Do you have any suggestions for videos on tips, techniques or products you would like to learn more about? Let me know in the comments section below!
My goal is to help you to learn quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the searches. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Conditioning Hard Polymer Clay Tip #2 – Adding Oil. The Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!