Topics Covered In This Video:
- Several months ago I did some test swatches of Pebeo Fantasy Paints on some baked samples of Souffle Polymer Clay to test for compatibility.
- Pebeo Fantasy paints are a solvent based paint with cool metallic effects.
- I tested Pebeo Fantasy – Prisme in Marina (blue) and Pebeo Fantasy – Moon in Apricot (orange).
- Sample sat for 5 months with no issues. So it appears to be safe for applying over polymer clay.
- When the paint dries, it disperses the metallic particles in unique patterns.
- The Pebeo Prisme paint pattern is more individual prism dots with a scale type look to it.
- The Pebeo Moon paint pattern has more of a streaky metallic swirl to it.
- Paints can be used together for interesting effects.
- The paints need to be mixed or shacken well before use, to distribute the metallic particles and chemicals.
- Clean up is with paint thinner such as Low Odor Varsol.
- I use a bead piercing wire to drop paint onto polymer clay surface.
- As the paint sits you can watch the reaction happening before your eyes.
- Air dries in 2 hours. Full cure 10 hours or more.
- I found these paints at an art store here in Canada called Desarres, but they are available in many locations, including online.
- Related Video: Minwax Polyurethane (Oil Based) on Polymer Clay
- Related Video: Reviving Dried Out Gilders Paste with Paint Thinner
- Related Video: Tips for Using Inka Gold Metallic Rub on Polymer Clay
- Related Video: Using Sharpie Oil Based Paint Pens on Polymer Clay
Do you have any suggestions for videos on tips, techniques or products you would like to learn more about? Let me know in the comments section below!
My goal is to help you to learn quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the searches. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Pebeo Fantasy Paints – Testing on Polymer Clay … the Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!