Topics Covered In This Video:
- My first impressions of Sculpey Bake and Bend Clay.
- Generally considered a kids polymer clay.
- Convenient re-usable packaging.
- Comes with plastic knife tool.
- Kit includes 1 oz. blocks of Bake & Bend clay in 6 bright colors (Black, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, Green).
- Colors can be mixed.
- Colors are much darker and more muted when baked.
- Clay is very sticky and soft.
- Leaves color on hands.
- Fingerprints easily (remove with rubbing alcohol).
- Clay bakes at 285F (130C) for 20 minutes per 1/4″ (6mm).
- I also tested at 40 minutes to see if it benefited from longer baking… it did not.
- Samples baked for 20 minutes at 285F were: Flexible; Quite strong; Stretched but didn’t break; Crazed slightly when tied in knot; Darkened significantly; Pieces fairly difficult to pull apart; Slightly squishy.
- Samples baked for 40 minutes at 285F were: Flexible but not as strong; Broke easily when stretched; Crazed significantly when tied in knot; Color darkened significantly; Pieces fairly easy to pull apart; More firm than sample baked for 20 minutes.
- Would make an interesting flexible components in jewelry making.
- Could be compatible with Premo clay, though I should have mentioned in video that since Premo is best baked for 1 hour and the Bake & Bend only 20 minutes… it would be best to bake your Premo piece for 40 minutes first, then add any Bake & Bend pieces and bake for an additional 20 minutes, to achieve optimal results for both clays.
- Related Video: Resource List of Where to Buy Polymer Clay
Do you have any suggestions for videos on tips, techniques or products you would like to learn more about? Let me know in the comments section below!
My goal is to help you to learn quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the searches. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Sculpey Bake & Bend Oven Bake Polymer Clay The Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!