Topics Covered In This Video:
- A Polymer Clay Tool invented by Karen Troise for slicing polymer clay canes.
- Karen sells them at KTWearableArt on Etsy and eBay.
- She designed the tool to make it easier to slice polymer clay canes at any thickness that you require…. very thin or super thick.
- This extruder tool is made up of an acrylic tube and a corresponding acrylic plunger rod.
- The tool comes in 5 sizes…. 3 round and 2 square.
- The round sizes are: Small (3/8th inch) for $9.99; Medium (1/2 inch) for $13.99; Large (3/4 inch) for $14.99.
- The square sizes are: Small (5/8 inch) for $13.99; Large (7/8 inch) $14.99.
- To use, first spritz some water inside the tube.
- Then reduce your cane by hand so that it easily slides into the tube.
- Use the rod to tamp down the cane inside of the tube, in order to compress and expand the cane inside of the tube, with no air pockets.
- Use the rod to push out cane at thge desired thickness.
- Slice cane with sharp stiff blade.
- This tool makes perfectly shaped and evenly sliced cane slices.
- Keeps square canes perfectly square so they fit beautifully together when making patterned cane sheets.
- I also lets you slice canes right down to the very end, with very little waste, some thing that is often difficult to do by hand.
- I give some neat little tips on using extruder disks and acrylic pieces to compress the canes more evenly.
- A plastic photo storage box holds all five tools and the promo card inside.
- Make sure to remove your cane pieces from the tool after you have cut what ever slices you need, so that the clay does not get stuck inside.
- Related Video: Polymer Cane Slicing Techniques
- Related Article: How to Slice Polymer Clay Canes
- Related Video: Simple Slicer Tool for Cutting Polymer Cane Slices
- Related Article: Slicing Fimo Nail Art Canes
- Related Video: Slicing Polymer Clay Canes With A Dull Knife Sucks
Do you have any suggestions for videos on tips, techniques or products you would like to learn more about? Let me know in the comments section below!
My goal is to help you to learn quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the searches. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Polymer Cane Extruder Tool For Slicing Polymer Clay Canes … the Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!