Topics Covered In This Video:
- Tips for buying fresh polymer clay in person and online.
- Never buy polymer clay online in the Summer when it is hot.
- Clay that is shipped in hot weather can arrive partially baked and unworkable.
- Keep in mind where the product is being shipped from. If you live in Australia and it is winter, but the clay is coming from the USA, remember that it will be Summer there and therefore hot.
- Spring and Fall are better times to ship polymer clay since it will be cooler no matter where you live.
- Packaging changes from time to time. Learn what is old and new in the packaging of your favorite brands of polymer clay, so that you don’t buy old clay by mistake.
- Companies will discontinue certain colors or lines of polymer. Knowing this will help you to not buy old clay.
- Squeezing the block of clay will help determine the freshness. Although each brand will have different softness levels when fresh, even a firm brand should have some ‘give’ to it.
- The finger squeeze comparison test.
- Premo Sculpey and Sculpey III have numbers printed on them that I personally think are manufacturing dates for the clay, although I do not have official confirmation from Polyform on that.
Question of the Day:
Have you ever mistakenly bought an old (unworkable) block of polymer clay? And do you think the tips provided in today’s video will help you to avoid making that same mistake again?
I look forward to hearing from you.
By the way, if you have a polymer clay question or challenge you’d like me to address in an upcoming video vlog, do post it in the comments below. I’d love to help you find quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the searches. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Buying Polymer Clay. The Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!