Topics Covered In This Video:
- Unboxing new Atlas 150 Wellness Series Pasta Machine Gold (if you purchase a pasta machine through this link that I provided, Amazon will pay me a small referral fee which helps me to make more free videos for you :-)
- I needed a new pasta machine (mine was falling apart and leaving too many black streaks on my clay).
- This machine has anodized aluminum rollers which are supposed to eliminate metal residue on pasta (guaranteed they say)… hopefully it works to elliminate those metallic black streaks on polymer clay too. You can be sure I’ll be keeping you in the loop on this one since those black streaks are such a pain.
- First impressions… beautiful, sturdy, high quality feel out of the box.
- Comes with a strong C-clamp that has a metal thumb screw. This is a big improvement over the very breakable, plastic design on lower quality pasta machines.
- The crank handle is made of what feels like a strong metal. I mentioned in the video that the handle insert slot appeared to be a title loose… and that it may need tightening with my Pasta Machine Rubber Glove Trick (see resource link further down on this page)… but based on further useage, I found that the handle did stay put and works just fine as is. Yay!
- There is a clamp hole on both sides of the machine. Nice!
- The handle and gears move smooth like butter. Trust me, you can feel a huge difference between this this Atlas Machine and the less expensive Sculpey or Amaco Clay Machines.
- The thickness settings on this machine range from 1 at the thickest, to 9 for the thinnest.
- Although I did not show this in the video, here are the Playing Card Thickness measurements which correspond to the settings on this Atlas 150 Wellness Pasta Machine. 1 = 8 playing cards; 2 = 6 cards; 3 = 4 cards; 4 = 3 cards; 5 = 2 cards; 6 = 1.5 cards; 7 = 1 card; 8 = 0.75 cards; and 9 = 0.25 cards (very thin).
- Clay runs through all the settings beautifully. Even sticky clay went to an extremely thin sheet.
- I’m in love! Sorry Dougie.
- Related Resource: Gold Marcato Atlas 150 Pasta Machine on Amazon
- Related Video: Black Streaks from Pasta Machine on Polymer Clay
- Related Video: Does Your Pasta Machine Handle Keep Falling Out
- Related Video: Using Playing Cards to Measure Pasta Machine Settings
- Related Video: Pasta Machine for Clay – Maintenance and Buying Tips
Do you have any suggestions for videos on tips, techniques or products you would like to learn more about? Let me know in the comments section below!
My goal is to help you to learn quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the searches. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Atlas 150 Polymer Clay Pasta Machine Unboxing (Polymer Clay Review) The Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!