Topics Covered In This Video:
- Tenting your polymer clay while baking so it doesn’t scorch, burn or darken.
- Tenting is called tenting because the folded piece of cardstock you put over your clay to protect it, looks like a little tent.
- Tenting your polymer, protects it from the direct heat from the elements in the oven.
- I show two samples of the same color, sized and shaped polymer clay pieces. One baked under a paper tent and the other not. It is amazing the color differences between the two. One is the original color and the other is blackened all the way through the piece.
- Tenting is easy to do… just fold a piece of cardstock (I like to use file folders) down the center and open it like a tent. Place over your polymer clay pieces while baking. The hot air can still get inside, but tents offers protection from the direct heat.
- It works great on your bead rack too.
- Make sure that your tent isn’t too pointy. You don’t want it to get too close to the elements in your oven or it will burn. This is especially important in small toaster ovens.
- The paper can handle going into the oven at the low temps that polymer clay is baked at. Just don’t let it touch the elements and you will be fine.
Question of the Day:
Do you have trouble with scorching your polymer clay? And do you think this baking trick will be helpful for you?
I look forward to hearing from you.
By the way, if you have a polymer clay question or challenge you’d like me to address in an upcoming video vlog, do post it in the comments below. I’d love to help you find quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the searches. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Tenting Polymer Clay Baking Tip To Avoid Scorching. The Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!