Well… here’s a Studio Tips video that should bring you a few holiday giggles! As you will soon see, the Lietz Clan is filled with silly people!
Side Note: It looks like in all the hubbub of getting ready for this video, we missed getting any polymer clay ornaments on the tree! They are actually still upstairs in my studio. MIA in this video are the Christmas Spider Ornaments, Snowman Ornaments, Mistletoe Ornaments, and some Vintage Santa Hand Tinted Transfer Ornaments… but at least I was wearing some Poinsettia Earrings!
Topics Covered In This Video:
- Why just saying, “If you want your pieces shiny, then just use varnish,” is bad advice and not enough information for you to have success with your polymer clay projects.
- How all varnishes are not the same. And choosing the wrong one could mean disaster!
- Why an oil based varnish is not the right choice for using on baked polymer clay pieces.
- The right kinds of varnishes to use on polymer clay.
- How to test your varnish (or any other finishes for that matter) to see if they are indeed compatible with polymer clay. Not all finishes are.
- Learn about the bad things that can happen to your polymer clay beads and other polymer projects over time, if you use the wrong varnish.
- Plus a little Christmas silliness from the Lietz family, that may just give you a giggle or two. Or at least give you some insight into just who these crazy people are!
- And… some Outakes… cuz who doesn’t love a few bloopers?
By the way, if you have a polymer clay question or challenge you’d like me to address in an upcoming video vlog, do post it in the comments below. I’d love to help you find quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the searches. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Polymer Clay Safe Varnish. The Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!