“After viewing several trendy pieces of polymer clay jewelry on Etsy.com, I fell in love!” ~Ariti
Are you curious to know what’s popular with polymer clay jewelry for this coming Fall season? It’s actually pretty easy to find out using the search function at Etsy. Here’s what my research revealed:
- Of course all the warm colors are prominent. Oranges, Reds, Yellows, Golds and Greens as well as darker metals such as copper, bronze, aged silver, and gun metal.
- Nature theme beads and pendants are huge. Acorns, pine cones, leaves, fall flowers, mushrooms and owls are bigger than ever.
- Big jewelry is in. Although the dainty stuff is not completely out, it is the big, chunky, bold jewelry that seems to dominate all the Fall jewelry styles.
- Halloween images are still very popular. Candy corn is plentiful. Pumpkin Beads are everywhere. Some are realistic, some are Jack–lanterns. Skulls and Pirate Crossbones Jewelry are also still a popular theme. Some are cute, some are scary. All are cool!
- Also saw a fair amount of fruit bead earrings including some Bartlett Pears that look a lot like the Anjou Pear Beads I make only more Yellow in color.
In general I was pleased to see the quality of the polymer clay jewelry on Etsy is going up. There is still some stuff that could use a little more finishing work, but it most cases they are priced accordingly.
Besides the articles already referenced above, last year I made a few other Fall theme jewelry pieces and canes that you may enjoy for inspiration as well. Here are a few more links for ya:
What polymer clay jewelry and designs are you planning for Fall? Do you like following trends? Or do you prefer to do your own thing? FYI: I do both :-)