Topics Covered In This Video:
- Basic differences between an un-sanded and a sanded piece of polymer clay. To see a more detailed video on the big differences of sanding vs not sanding, watch this video: Sanding and Buffing Your Polymer Clay Is Worth It
- Sanding polymer clay by hand – Low Tech Method.
- Quick overview of Wet/Dry Sandpaper and the grits available.
- Introduction to polishing cloths purchased at Fire Mountain Gems, the size and costs.
- Tips for knowing which grit is which.
- Sanding set-up and supplies.
- How to sand, using the polishing cloths in grits from 400g, 600g, 1200g, 4000g, 6000g, 8000g.
- Getting a nice sheen by hand buffing with felt.
Question of the Day:
Have you ever used polishing cloths to sand your polymer clay? If you have, what do you think of them? And is there another type of sandpaper that you like to use, that is if you do sand your polymer clay?
I’d love to hear your answers below.
By the way, if you have a polymer clay question or challenge you’d like me to address in an upcoming video vlog, do post it in the comments below. I’d love to help you find quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the searches. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Polymer Clay Polishing and Sanding Papers. The Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!