“I still get
my stomach when I realize
that I actually won this
fabulous collection of
If you have been following this blog for any length of time, you’ll know that I have recently given away a couple of really nice batches of my handmade polymer clay beads.
Wow! This is soooooo cool! Cindy, I can hardly wait to get your beads … I’m in a slight state of shock of winning these … I always hope to win, but until now I never have … I recognize most of these beads from the tutorials. It is going to be extra great to have the ‘real’ finished product to guide me in my attempts … I still get butterflies in my stomach when I realize that I actually won this fabulous collection of beads! ~Carolyn-F
|So far, the two lucky winners are Lupe-M (2010-02-26) and Carolyn-F (2010-06-10). They each received prizes that had cash values amounting to about what it would cost for a 2 year subscription at the members library. That’s a pretty good return on investment don’t ya think? I was very happy to have been able to give back to both of these deserving winners.
Phase 2 switched gears a bit and focused on the Member Spotlight Articles that have been published weekly for the last few months. The following link will take you to a recent example of one of these special “Spot” feature presentations: Peeking Inside Your Puffy Beads
Now it’s time to move into Phase 3. And I’d like to change things up again… just to keep everyone on their toes :-)
One thing I’ve come to realize in managing these giveaway contests, is that they are a heck of a lot of work to pull off. And since it’s difficult to squeeze any more hours out the each day than what Doug and I are already accomplishing, I’d like to build on something that you guys have already started to do anyway.
And that is posting your project pictures at your own blogs, and on Flickr as well as all of the other sites that make it easy to share photos.
By having you guys upload your own stuff, to wherever, that will definitely help to address the back log issue that has been happening on my hard drive lately.
You see… I did not even come close to being able to create Spotlight articles for everyone that submitted entries over the last couple of months. And I really don’t want this to end up becoming a bottle neck in the process of being able to give away more beads.
So here’s how I see this working…
1) You guys upload your photos, descriptions and stories to the site of your choice.
2) Along with your photos, you would also include a link back to a page here at my blog, which shows the intro video clip for the technique your projects are based on, or inspired by.
3) After your photos are posted, you would simply let me know via email, where to find them.
4) Then on a regular basis here at my blog (probably weekly), I would publish a summary post with links back to all of your creative photo pages… so that everyone will be able to follow along.
5) The winner would be selected based on the number of visitors your links end up sending my way. So the more pictures, stories and links you publish, the greater will be your chances of winning.
However, before proceeding with anything, I wanted to first throw the idea out there, to see if it is even something you guys would want to do. Let me know…