Last month I did a comparison review of 4 different brands of Translucent Polymer Clay (Sculpey III, Fimo Soft, Kato Polyclay and Premo Sculpey White Translucent).
Following that video, several viewers requested that I also review Translucent Pardo Professional Art Clay, to see how it stacks up against the other more common brands. Well, thanks to a kind member of the community (Nancy Q from the Vancouver Polyclayers Guild) who gave me a block of Pardo from her stache, I am able to present my findings for you today.
Topics Covered In This Video:
- Manufactured by Viva-Decor in Germany (link removed because of issue with their web site).
- North America Distributor: Poly Clay Play (Trish Hodgens).
- UK Distributor: Clay Around (Penny Vingoe).
- First Impressions:
- No smell, even when baking.
- Made with Beeswax.
- Similar firmness to Premo clay when cold, but gets very soft when worked.
- Stickier than other brands.
- Clarity is higher than other brands, but only when baked for 60 minutes at 250F (120C) and not just the 30 minutes recommended on the label.
- Color whiter or more glass-like in color than other brands.
- Baking temperatures and times.
- Great clay for faux techniques and other projects where clarity is a benefit.
- Strength. Good. (I made a mistake in the video and said Pardo was stronger than Premo when I meant to say Premo was stronger than Pardo. The differences aren’t so huge however, so I left it in the video.
Question of the Day:
When you buy polymer clay (any brand), do you prefer to buy in person, or are you OK buying your polymer clay online?
Please leave your answers in the comments below.
By the way, if you have a polymer clay question or challenge you’d like me to address in an upcoming video vlog, you can also post it in the comments below. I’d love to help you find quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the search engines. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Pardo Transluscent Professional Art Clay. The Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!