Topics Covered In This Video:
- Today I’m going to show you the LC Slicer made by Lucy Clay Tools.
- This is a cane slicer on the grandest of scales… it is a really beautiful machine!
- We have talked about the Lucy Clay Tools before… this company makes very high quality tools that are built to be sturdy and strong.
- This machine was sent to me by Diane Bruce of VanIslandJewels on Etsy. She is a Canadian Distributor that ships worldwide. A direct link to Diane’s Etsy Shop is right below today’s video on this page.
- This tool was designed to slice polymer clay canes whether they are small or large, square, round or pretty much any shape and size you would make.
- In the video, I show you how the slicer works.
- The LC Slicer ships unassembled. It took me about an hour to put it all together.
- The replaceable blade is incredibly sharp and stiff, and it cuts through even large older canes with ease.
- Then moving bottom plate advances the cane forward in micro increments for paper thin or very thick, and perfectly even slices.
- One improvement I would like to see is a quick release for the screw in the base, so that you could adjust the plate back and forth quicker, depending on the length of your cane.
- The first slice is never perfect because you have to square up the cane first.
- This machine is not cheap… like a top of the line Cadillac or Mercedes… but it is so beautifully made and the slices are so perfect that it is worth every penny.
- It sliced through my large Christmas Sweater Cane with ease… a cane that was near impossible to (nicely) cut by hand.
- This tool will not be in everybody’s price range, but if you work with polymer clay professionally or just really love having the best tools… it is a beautiful machine and you will want to check it out!
- Related Resource: Diane Bruce of VanIslandJewels on Etsy
- Related Video: Polymer Clay Tribal Cane Design
- Related Video: Christmas Sweater Cane Polymer Clay Tutorial
- Related Video: Review of the Lucy Clay CzeXtruder
- Related Video: Lucy Clay Bead Baking Rack Demo
Do you have any suggestions for videos on tips, techniques or products you would like to learn more about? Let me know in the comments section below!
My goal is to help you to learn quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the searches. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Lucy Clay Slicer For Polymer Clay Canes (Demo / Review) … the Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!