Topics Covered In This Video:
- Comparison between 4 Brands of Translucent Polymer Clay:
– Sculpey III Translucent
– Premo Sculpey White Translucent (5527)
– Fimo Effects Transparent White
– Kato Polyclay Translucent
- Sample chips of all brands rolled out to two different thicknesses:
– 1 playing card thick and
– 6 playing cards thick
- All samples baked for one hour at recommended temperature for each brand:
– Sculpey III @ 265F
– Premo @ 275F
– Fimo @ 230F
– Kato @ 300F
(To be fair, I haven’t tested the longer baking times with Kato, so the 1 hour may have been a detriment to strength rather than a benefit like it is with Sculpey III, Premo and Fimo. Further testing needs to be done to find the ideal baking time for Kato Polyclay.)
- Comparisons were made with each brand on the following properties:
By the way, if you have a polymer clay question or challenge you’d like me to address in an upcoming video vlog, do post it in the comments below. I’d love to help you find quicker and easier ways to bring up the professionalism in your polymer clay art.
Oh and don’t forget to give these videos a Thumbs Up click at YouTube if you are enjoying them. The more Likes a video gets, the higher it rises in the searches. And that means even more people will be able to join in on this polymer clay journey of a lifetime.
Also, by subscribing to our YouTube Channel directly, you will receive notifications as soon as new videos are uploaded. To subscribe, click here… Translucent Polymer Clay. The Subscribe Button is right near the top of that YouTube page.
Looking forward to hearing from you!